Radford Signature

RADFORD SIGNATURE | GRAND PRIX
Slider

Many different types of students enroll in our 3 and 4-Day Radford Signature (Grand Prix Racing) program. Beginner drivers to seasoned racers agree that this course – with our student ratio to instructor averaging 3 to 1 – proved to be one of the most valuable experiences of their lifetime. The class is demanding, the challenges real, and the concentration it takes to complete this course will be rewarding for every student. It can also put you on the fast track to earn your SCCA License, which will be determined by your Radford instructor.

Although beginners may enroll, you must be proficient with a manual transmission. Over 80% of the Radford Signature course is spent on the skills pad and 1.6-mile track, while the remaining 20% is in-classroom. Since our student ratio to instructor averages 3 to 1, you are guaranteed a personalized instruction experience second to none. 

All of this information will be put in practice on the track where an instructor will lead you, showing cornering techniques, early and late apex points (the racing line), and the quick way around the track. They will ride with you and personally coach you through each turn. On your own, you will have the opportunity to go as fast as your new abilities will take you. There is no speed limit in road racing!

Day Three will put your racing knowledge to test. Real use of SCCA rules, racing etiquette, and racing flags are put into play. You will experience the adrenaline rush of being out on a track at speed while discovering a newfound respect for everyone who has competed in the motorsports arena.

The last day of the Radford Signature course will hone your skills further. Proficient with the track and car control, you now start all over by jumping into a single seat, open wheel Ligier JS F4 Open Wheel Formula race car. The fourth day is all track time! Getting the Formula F4 race cars quickly up to speed, you’ll experience the thrill of driving these responsive, lightweight machines. 

3-DAY | $5999

– Concentration, Anticipation + Vision
– Weight Transfer
– Proper Line Technique (Entry, Apex + Exit)
– Throttle Steer
– Heel + Toe Downshifting
– Skid Control (Understeer & Oversteer)
– ABS and Non-ABS Braking Exercises
– Handling Oval
– Accident Avoidance
– Practice Race Starts
– Flags, Passing Techniques, Driver Signals

4-DAY | $6999

– Ground School / Seating Intro / Heal + Toe Down Shifting
– Skid Control and Accident Avoidance Training
– Detailed Handling drills in Dodge//SRT Hellcat
– Track Intro / Lead + Follow /  Open Track
– Introduction to Ligier F4 / Car Fitting
– Lead + Follow / Open Track Sessions in Ligier F4
– Graduation

RESTRICTIONS

Height and weight restrictions apply. Generally, drivers must be under 6’4″ and/or under 250 lbs. with a shoe size less than 12.

Please contact our team at (480) 403-7600 for details.

Find Out More

Complete the form below to learn more about our Radford Signature / Grand Prix racing courses.

COURSE POLICIES

Insurance Policy – Radford Racing School offers vehicle and property damage limitation as an option to all students. The following optional limitation policies apply for Challenger Hellcat High Performance Driving:

  • $100 per day / $8000 deductible insurance now included with registration!

Refund Policy – When a refund is requested:

  • 30 days or more before your course, there is a $250 fee
  • 29-11 days before your course, there is a $500 fee or 50% loss of course deposit, whichever is less
  • Less than 10 days before your course, there is a 50% loss of course price
  • A no-show will result in 100% forfeiture of the amount paid for the course
  • Gift Certificates are non-refundable, but are transferable

Rescheduling Policy – When a schedule change is requested:

  • 30 days or more before your course, one (1) change is allowed without penalty. Additional changes are $250 each
  • 29-11 days before your course, there is a $500 fee or 50% loss of course deposit, whichever is less
  • Less than 10 days before your course, there is a 50% loss of course price

Note: Early departure from any course will result in a total forfeiture of the amount paid. Radford reserves the right to adjust or end training due to unsafe student behavior and/or abuse to equipment.

3-to-1 Student-Teacher Ratio (Avg)
Approximately 80% Seat Time
Dodge//SRT Hellcat Widebody (Manual)
Dodge//SRT Charger Hellcat (Auto)
Ligier JS Formula 4
(480) 403-7600